PHONE   0451 797 284
Facebook Twitter
Housing and Accommodation

Housing support can include home modifications as well as options for long-term accommodation for young adults with a disability. Unfortunately, at this point in time, there are no Prader-Willi Syndrome group or shared homes. This is something that the PWSA Victoria would like to work on.
Creating and maintaining a place to call home can involve a combination of modifications and support services. There are some services, organisations and publications listed below that may be helpful to you:-

Housing Options Unlocked

This booklet provides information about housing options and assistance for people with a disability. Phone your regional Disability Intake and Response Service on 1800 783783 or access this through the DHS (refer to links).

Home Renovation Service
Provides free home inspections for homeowners or renters, who hold either a current Commonwealth Health Care Card or a Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card, who have a disability or are permanently caring for someone with a disability. Home owners may be eligible for financial assistance with a Home Renovation Loan. Phone 1300 136513 or access this through the Housing Victoria website (refer to links).

Shared/Supported Accommodation
This provides accommodation in shared housing with up to five other people with disabilities. Phone your regional Disability Intake and Response Service on 1800 783783.

Outreach Support

This service can provide up to 15 hours per week of home and community based support so that people with a disability can live outside staffed residential accommodation, remain living in their own homes or move to more independent living arrangements. Phone your regional Disability Intake and Response Service on 1800 783783.

Social Housing Advocacy and Support Program (SHASP)
This can provide support to both public housing and community housing tenants, otherwise known as social housing tenants. Housing Choices Australia This organisation provides affordable housing options for people with a disability. Phone 1300 312447 or visit their website for more information

Moveable Units

This option offers the possibility of self-contained units that can be set up in the back yard of a friend or relatives home.

EW Tipping Foundation
A non-profit community service organisation, leads and supports a network of partner organisations. They provide a range of community support services to people with disability, children, youth, families and the aged across Victoria. EW Tipping Foundation believes that the core values of respect, integrity, empowerment, open communication and continual learning underpin our commitment to supporting people to enhance their life opportunities and choices.


The PWSA of Victoria Web Site is intended to provide information only - not to diagnose or advocate particular treatment options. The Diagnosis and treatment of Prader-Willi Syndrome should be made through a qualified medical professional. Thus, it is strongly urged that patients do not change treatment without first consulting their doctor. The inclusion of any resource or link in the PWSA of Victoria Web Site does not imply endorsement.